Skip to content

Village of Good Hope

Established in 1840, the village of Good Hope sits cozily on IL. Rt. 67, seven miles directly north of Macomb, ILIllinois Route 9 passes just south of town.  The Toledo, Peoria & Western Railroad also cuts through the village.

Good Hope residents have supported a school in their town for many years.  It is believed a school system was begun in Good Hope in the late 1800s, possibly  early 1900s.   The boys basketball team of 1949 won a District championship.  It is thought the Good Hope High School joined a consolidation effort of several small towns including its neighbors to the west, Sciota and Blandinsville in 1959.

The consolidated school district was known as the Northwestern School District with the high school located in Sciota.  Good Hope school remained open as host to the Northwestern School District Grade School.  The Northwestern School District recently (2003) consolidated with Colchester to form the West Prairie School District.  Sciota remained home of the high school and Good Hope now hosts a Middle School for the West Prairie School District.

In addition to being home to the Lewis Farm & Barn, Good Hope annually holds traditional events and festivals including Sodbuster Days and the Haunted House of Payne.