The Old Bailey House
The Bailey House was built in 1887 by William S. Bailey, founder and first president of the Union National Bank of Macomb, Illinois. The house is an Eastlake style Victorian structure that features a grand foyer with large elaborate cherry staircase, a reception parlor, drawing and dining rooms, library and kitchen. Also displayed in the interior are hardwood and parquet floors, wood and iron fireplaces, and elegant lighting fixtures.
In 1982 the property was generously donated to the McDonough County Historic Preservation Society. Today this beautifully restored, historic treasure is available to rent for receptions, family gatherings or private events for a mere $50.00.