Skip to content

Adair, IL

Adair was laid out in August 1870 under the name of “Reedyville;” though the name has never been officially changed, the location is known as Adair because that name was given to the post office.

The village is an unincorporated part of the New Salem Township and a census-designated place (CDP) in McDonough County, Illinois,  It is located approximately 12 miles southeast of the county seat of Macomb. The town is served by U.S. Route 136, and the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad runs through the town.  Adair has a population of 210 as of 2010.