Welcome to Macomb, located in the west-central part of the state in the center of McDonough County. Macomb serves as the county seat and is a regional center for the area with retail and manufacturing opportunities, healthcare, entertainment and cultural services.
We have the best of all worlds in Macomb due to our mix of agriculture, industry, service, retail, education, and culture. Our downtown features a Historic Downtown Square with retail and dining options for all.
If you are considering a visit to Macomb or are planning an event in our community, we would love to speak with you. Make it Macomb!
WHAT IS A CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU?
The Macomb Area Convention & Visitors Bureau offers services for the business and leisure traveler and to increase awareness of events and attractions to potential visitors. We provide information and resources which help visitors make the most of their time in the Macomb Area.
- Free Visitors Guides and Publications
- Information on restaurants, lodging, special events, attractions and activities.
- Meeting and convention services – including hotel booking assistance and site tours.
- Assistance in coordinating special meeting activities, such as museum tours.
- Coordination of group tour activities.
- Assist coordinating and attracting special events in the Macomb Area.
The mission of the Macomb Area Convention and Visitors Bureau is to promote the Macomb area as a destination for festivals, special events, meetings, conventions, and otherwise bring visitors to the area.
The Macomb Area Convention & Visitors Bureau primary responsibilities:
- To encourage groups to hold meetings, tours, sporting events, and other events.
- To assist these groups with meeting preparations in advance of their arrival and also while their meeting or event is in progress; and
- To encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the historic, cultural, retail, dining and recreational opportunities this destination offers.
- Assist meeting and event planners, tournament directors and visitors learn about the destination and area attractions and make the best possible use of all the services and facilities the destination has to offer.
To submit an event to our calendar, request event assistance or sponsorship, or to see what is happening in Macomb visit our website at makeitmacomb.com
MEET OUR TEAM
Jock Hedblade, Executive Director
Jan Armstrong, Event Coordinator
Dave Dorsett – President, The Wine Sellers
Bridget McCormick – Treasurer, Western Illinois University
Paul Schlag, Western Illinois University
John Nelson, Nelson’s Clothing
Mike Wayland, Macomb City Council Representative
Casey Grant, Morton Community Bank
Macomb Area Convention and Visitors Bureau board of directors meetings are always open to the public. Meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of the month at noon and are located at 201 S.Lafayette Street in Macomb.